Sunday supper is often the one meal that the monkey clan gather together around the dining table after a busy week/end, to recharge with delicious foods and love. We recently got into setting our ingredients out and having everyone make their own summer rolls. Not only is this quick to prepare, each person gets to be creative with what and how they eat their rolls.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 packet of rice paper
- 4 servings of rice stick noodles, cooked according to instruction on package
- Thai basil
- 2 carrots, juilienned
- 1 cucumber, juilienned
- 0.5lb green beans, cooked
- 0.5lb ground pork, sauteed with garlic and season to taste
- 1 dozen cooked shrimp
- and just whatever you like to eat in a roll!
- Soften the rice paper in warm water for 5 seconds
- Pick up as shown, in one swift motion, taking care that the rice paper do not stick together
- Add any ingredients you like and roll; Plumster only likes to have hers with cucumber, carrots and green beans
- Voila! Enjoy!