Life sometimes gifts you with pleasant surprises. I’m not talking about big lottery-winning type of surprises. I’m talking about small things that just instantaneously lift your mood and put a smile on your face for a moment. As I fly across this great land of ours for a quick weekend conference, here are my top five in no particular order:
1. Finding out that the person appointed to the aisle/window seat next to you somehow never made it to the flight. As the middle seater, an instant upgrade to more wiggle room!
2. A car pulling out of a parking space right in front of you in a jam-packed parking lot.
3. Putting your hand in your coat pocket from last winter to find a pair of used ticket stubs to your favorite band that your husband took you to, on your birthday.
4. Trying out a new recipe and the whole family including the six year-old picky eater devours it!
5. A glorious sunset as you step out of work at the end of a tiring day.