It’s raining in Los Angeles!
With the rain drops falling softly outdoors and the headlights of cars swishing by, I whipped up this hot concoction for a cozy night. Here is the recipe:
EATS: Rainy Night Mexican Hot Chocolate
Makes 2 serving
- 4 cups almond milk. I prefer Califia almond milk for its simple goodness
- 1 tablet of Abuelita Mexican chocolate
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour4 cups of almond milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat
- Break the tablet of Abuelita Mexican Chocolate into pieces and place in the suacepan. Some might start with 2 tablespoons of milk and melt the hot chocolate first before pouring in the rest of the milk. I found that having all the ingredients in the saucepan together right from the start cuts down the two-step pouring steps and is just more straightforward. One just have to be mindful about stirring the tablet more frequently
- Stirring frequently until tablet melts. Takes about a minute.
- Let simmer for a minute
- Divide this divine ambrosia into two cups
- Add cinnamon sticks to each cup
Voila! It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare this delicious divine ambrosia. You can add a pinch of sea salt, a drop of vanilla extract, mint with a shot of Bourbon, toasted shredded coconut, and of course marshmallow, if you like. The possibilites are endless!
Hope you find this recipe useful! Enjoy!